So now for this week's prompt.
Ernest Hemingway famously wrote one of the shortest stories ever,
"For sale, baby shoes, never worn."
If Hemingway could do it so can you! Your prompt this week is to write a complete story in 20 words or less. Your story should be inspired by a painting, a book, or an object. Include the inspiration after the story. The inspiration note will NOT count toward the 20 word limit.
Good luck!
Note: This week if you wish to submit more then one response to the prompt you may. You will be awarded 2 points this week if you come up with 2 responses. Any additional responses are encouraged but will be rewarded with bragging rights instead of points. I hope to see many responses. :)
A dream of eating rancid peanut butter marshmallow fluff smores off the floor. I may never eat these things again.
ReplyDeleteThis message is for Joe: I'm beating you!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThe storm raged but nothing could stop a nation's desire for the cargo of bobbing boats never dropping a bottle.
ReplyDeleteWhy did you pull a Jeff?
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteHey, I resemble that!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteBoil water before drinking.
ReplyDeleteAfter putting on the gloves, Midas realized the terrible mistake he just made.
ReplyDeleteThe warning sign should have read, "Warning: Warning signs placed at the bottom of stairs can cause falls".
ReplyDeletefrom Frances:
ReplyDeleteWe are close to the time, when winged creatures will visit in gardens galore.....
from Gerald
ReplyDeleteIn the late August afternoon, as the sun glistened off the State House dome, the old man and the boy slowly climbed the hill. ...
2 Short Stories
ReplyDelete1. Why Does It Always Happen To Me
HE CAME, HE SAW, HE CONQUERED. JULIUS CAESAR
I played, I lost, I’m pissed. Abel
Object: Slots machines / Gambling Why do I always lose and the guy next to me hits the jackpot. Don’t you sometimes feel you never win?
2. Too Much of a Good Thing
I love watermelon! Up and down all night. Consequences.
I didn’t notice until now that both stories have the same ending,