Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Writer Wars Prompt A Story From the Past....

Hello everyone! The twenty word responses were very cool, I think they all could have been turned into excellent stories. :) Without any further ado this week's prompt.

This week in 400 words or less tell a story from the past. This may be real or fictional. The story can be from whatever perspective you want (ex. the past of a future person, or in other words, the present or whatever other spins you wish to put on it.). 
Good luck! :)

2 comments:

  1. Frances M.:

    Many Years ago,There was a young child, who learned about the fairies from her Grammy and her Gram-pa. The fairies sent her stories about their homes in the woods. She loved those stories. She told the children in the school about the faeries, and they were very excited to know that there were fairies living in the woods. She even showed the children cards that they had sent her,in their tiny handwriting. Then she told them about the Leprechauns. ......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every morning started out so monotonously, bloomers went on, then the petticoats, the dress, the gun holster, the gun, boots laced up and a swipe of makeup in order to look my best. Then I was ready to begin my day. I opened the door of my room in the boarding house to see my peers heading down the stairs to the dining hall where I would now be following them. We would all be getting our assignments for the day and nobody wanted to be late, as tardiness was rewarded with sewer duty and that was truly unpleasant work.

    As I entered the dining hall the din of girls chatting, eating, and passing around food greeted my ears. I quickly took my place among them attempting to get some bacon and toast before it all vanished. Just as I was taking my first bite of bacon Madame Dretzel walked in. At the sound of her heels clicking into the room the previously clamorous room turned silent.

    Madame Dretzel strolled to the front of the room and cleared her throat, tapped her papers on the table and started her daily ritual of informing everyone of their current assignments.

    She ran down the list, Cindy you will be working in the stables of the wellington family for the next two weeks to gather information on the manner in which they have been acquiring their horses. Amanda, you will be inquiring at fruit stand about a certain manner involving the deception of the lavender girls by wealthy men, and …

    Madame Dretzel paused as Kathy tumbled into the room after inquiring into the inside of her eyelids a little too long.

    Oh, Kathy! How nice of you to join us, and you are just in time for your assignment, you will be investigating in the sewers this week. Focus around the wealthy pubs, I am in need of some new intel regarding the wealthy crowd in the city. As we all know the rich can hold their tongues quite well while sober but whiskey can loosen even the most clear headed man’s lips.

    After Madame Dretzel assigned my fellow inquirers of their assignments she finally got to mine.

    Now Lucy you will be making an inquiry in the palace. The Queen has requested some information on a certain wayward prince and I believe that you will be excellent for this job.

    ReplyDelete