Hello Family Writer(ing?) War Members,
This post is announcing the official Family Writer War Movie Night. This is how it's going to work:
Everyone who wants to participate should suggest movies in the comments section below. When you suggest a movie, you should follow the name with a special character to ID that it is a nominee for one of the following categories:
- (C) - Classic, if you feel the movie is a classic, something everyone should see, then mark the movie name with a (C). It does not have be in black and white, it does not have to be a drama, it can be modern or old, funny or serious.
- (I) - I Like It/ I Want to See It, if you think the movie isn't a classic, but it's something you like (or think you will like) that's cool too, just mark it with an (I).
- (B) - Bad movie, but one that is --->fun<--- to watch. If you have a bad movie, that cracks you up, and you feel the need to torture others with a viewing, then add it to the list, but make sure we know what we're getting in to and mark it with a (B).
Each month, we will roll a die to figure out which category we're going to draw from. Then all the movies, from the comments, that match that category, will be added to the official Conductor Hat of Movie Selection. One movie will be randomly selected and that movie will be known as the FWWMM or F2W2M or The Family Writing(er?) War Movie of the Month.
The winning movie will be posted on the blog, so that everyone can see it and post their reviews in the comments section.
NOTE: If you pick a movie, and it is selected as the monthly movie, you MUST watch it that month. If you do not, we will know and we will find you. When we find you, if the movie was bad, we WILL turn you into a snail. Don't be turned into a snail, watch the movie if you picked it. And if your movie has the honor of being picked, be sure to comment and tell everyone what you liked about it!
Hamlet with David Tennant! (IC)
ReplyDeleteMeatballs (I)
ReplyDeleteSpaceballes (IC)
Blazing Saddles (IC)
Young Frankenstein (IC)
Alien (IC)
Aliens (IC)
The Quick and the Dead (I)
Real Genius (IC)
Leprechaun in the Hood (IB)
The Matrix (I)
Terminator 2 (IC)
Army of Darkness (IC)
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (Gene Wilder version) (IC)
Weird Science (I)
I have many more but these will do for now.
Forbidden Planet (BC)
ReplyDeleteThe Day the earth stood still (C) (The black and white one)
Cherry 2000 (IB)
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid (C)
The Sting (C)
Caddyshack (C)
Okay, filling in some others to add variety and hopefully reduce the chance of getting a horror movie:
ReplyDeleteIndiana Jones and The Last Crusade (CI) - it should have been the last...
Total Recall (B)
Clue(C)
Stand By Me (I)
Goonies(I)
The Princess Bride (C)
Romancing the Stone (I) - I think I remember watching this a long long time ago..
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (IB)
Witness for the Prosecution (1957 - C)
Terminator (C)
To Kill a Mocking Bird (1962 - IC)
Adventures in Babysitting (I) - again vaguely remember this one
Big Fish (I)
Kung Fu Hustle (I)
Citizen Kane (C)
12 Angry Men (C)
Batman (CI - w/ Michael Keaton)
Edward Scissorhands (I)
Men in Black (I)
Much Ado About Nothing (IC - 1993, & 2013 once available)
Stranger than fiction (I)
Mystery Men(IB - I have never seen this whole movie. it might be bad. I'm adding it anyway. HA HA HA!)
It's a Disaster (I - I don't actually know if I want to see this - I went looking through new releases, and this title seems to sum up the list nicely. So, it gets added to the list. :) )
One more, just for Jeff: Lockout (I, possibly B - but it does feature a space jail, so how can you really go wrong?)
ReplyDeleteFrom Mom and Dad:
ReplyDeleteThe Quiet Man (CI)
(more coming...)
Alice's Restaurant (C)
DeleteThe Thomas Crown Affair (1968 C)
Better Off Dead (I)
ReplyDeleteEscape from New York (I)
Grosse Pointe Blank (I)
Predator (I)
The Thing (I)
Saving Private Ryan (IC)
Swingers (I)
Doctor Horrible's Sing Along Blog
ReplyDeleteBy the way that one is an ICB+AWESOME!
DeleteFrom Abel in OK:
ReplyDeleteThe Night of the Hunter - 1955 - classic thrillers - Robert Mitchum Shelley Winter Netflix Add
The Snake Pit – 1948 – Classic Drama – Oliva de Havilland – Netflix Add
The Grapes of Wrath – 1940 - Classic Drama – Henry Fonda – Netflix Play
The Bad Seed – 1956 – Classic horror – Patty McDommack – Netflix Add
Billy Elliot - 2000 – Drama – Jamie Bell – Drama – Netflx Play
The Poseidon Adventure -1972 – Classic Action – Gene Hackman Shelly Winters - Netflix Add
Auntie Mame – 1958 – Classic Comedies – Rosalind Russell, Forrest Tucker – Netflix Add
No Time for Sergeants – 1958 – Classic Comedies – Andy Griffith – Netflix Add
West Side Story – 1961 – Classic a Musicals – Natalie Wood – Netflix Add
The Night of the Hunter – 1955 – Classic Thriller – Robert Mitchum – Shelly Winter – Netflix Add
Cape Fear – 1962 – Classic Crime Drama -Robert Mitchum – Gregory Peck – Netflix Save
Shall We Dance – 1996 – Foreign Drama - Koji Yakusho - Netflix Play
Shaun of the Dead – 2004 – Cult Comedies - Simon Pegg – Netflix Add
A Night to Remember – 1958 – Classic Drama – Kenneth More – Netflix Add
The Shining – 1980 – Horror – Jack Nicholson – Netflix Add
The Picture of Dorian Gray –1945 - Classic Drama – George Sanders – Netflix Add
Portrait of Jennie – 1948 – Jennifer Jones – Jennifer Jones – Netflix Add
Leave Her to Heaven – 1948 – Classic Drama – Gene Tierney, Cornel Wilde Netflix Add
Norma Rae – 1979 – Drama – Sally Field – Beau Bridges – Netflix Add
Some Like it Hot – 1959 – Classic Comedies - Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis – Netflix Add
The Miracle Worker – 1962 – Classic Drama – Anne Bancroft, Patty Duke – Netflix Add
Wuthering Heights – 1939 – Classic Drama – Merle Oberon, Laurence Olivier – Netflix Add
From Mom:
ReplyDeleteHighlander
Singing in the Rain
Camelot
Sound of Music
The King and I
Fiddler on the Roof
The High & The Mighty
Midnight in Paris
My Fair Lady
Mary Poppins
The Odd Couple
Alice in Wonderland (new one)
From Dad:
Adventures of Sherlock Holmes 1938
Sherlock Holmes Hound of the Baskerville (1959)
Sherlock Holmes Murder at the Rue Morgue (1932)
All Quiet on the Western Front (1030)
Farwell to Arms - 1935
Good Earth - 1937
Mr Smith Goes to Washington - 1939
Prince and the Pauper 1937
State Faire - 1933
Thank you, Jeeves? (1936)
Thomas Crown Affair
Cain Mutiny Court Marshall
American in Paris
The Graduate
Shakespeare Romeo and Juliet 1936
Shakespeare Midsummer Night's Dream 1935
Alexander's Rag Time Band
Emperor Jones
The Front
Alice's Restaurant (1969)
Blowup
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (1967)
To Sir, With Love (1967)
West Side Story (1961)
Pink Panther (1963)
Dana:
The way we were
Watership Down
The Illusionist
Home Alone
Others:
Despicable Me
Yankee Doodle Dandy
Hunt for Red October
Searching for Bobby Fischer
Little Man Tate
The Kid (silent film, we'll have to find a version)
Mean Girls
Mr & Mrs Smith
Indiana Jones
J. Edgar
And just to add a few more family films to the list - and plus, what IS WRONG with us to miss the first one:
ReplyDeleteBack to the Future
Flight of the Navigator
Short Circuit
And maybe some classic comedies?
ReplyDeleteBlues Brothers
A Night at the Opera (1935)
Young Frankenstein (1974)
Office Space
The Three Amigos
Ghostbusters
The Big Lebowski
Trading Places
Naked Gun
The Jerk
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
This is Spinal Tap (I have never seen it)
Ferris Bullers Day Off
Duck Soup
Not so classic:
Jumping Jack Flash (we bought this used from Shaw's when I was growing up, and the magic of Hollywood was brought to your home by VHS tapes and a odd device called a VCR)
Beautiful Mind
ReplyDeleteLord of the Rings trilogy
ReplyDeleteStir Crazy
Grease
Howard The Duck
Tron
Blade Runner
Mad Max
The Road Warrior
Airplane
Gremlins
The Goonies
Beverly Hills Cop
Summer Rental
National Lampoons Vacation
Evil Dead II
From Lynn
ReplyDeleteHighlander the first movie
Hair
Willie Wonka and the chocolate factory old one
Dark Crystal
Journey to the center of the earth old one
Monty Pythons: Holy Grail
Blazing Saddle
young Frankenstein
Any Mell Brooks movies really
Start wars any of them plus the Ewok adventure
Terminator 1
Since sharks seem to be every where right now JAWS
Thank you everyone, for your posts and suggestions, we now have 175 movies in the list. So, we're closing down taking new movies at this time! When we post our movie reviews, we'll open the list back up for new suggestions each month, so hold your suggestions until then!
ReplyDelete